DATA PROTECTION POLICY FOR JOB SEEKER
This Data Protection Policy ("Policy") sets out the basis upon which Onestop Security Platform Pte Ltd ("we", "us" or "our") may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of Job Seeker in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act ("PDPA"). This Policy applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
This Policy is an appendix of our membership application for our online application platform, and should be retained as part of the whole document for the job seeking process.
APPLICATION OF THIS POLICY
1. This Policy applies to all persons who have applied for any job position with us or provide any information in relation to job application.
2. As used in this Policy, "personal data" means data, whether true or not, about a Job Seeker who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
3. As a Job Seeker, personal data which we may collect in the context of your employment with us If you are a Job Seeker, personal data which we may collect includes, without limitation, your:
(a) full name or alias date of birth, nationality;
(b) mailing address, mobile numbers and other contact details;
(c) resume, educational qualifications, security officer license number and certifications;
(d) training history;
(e) work-related health issues and disabilities; and
(g) any additional information provided to us by you
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We generally collect personal data that (a) you knowingly and voluntarily provide in the course of or in connection with your employment with us, or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us after (i) you have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you have provided consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. As a Job Seeker, your personal data will be collected, used and may disclosed by us for the following purposes:
(a) Assessing, evaluating and matching your suitability for employment in any current or prospective position in our client network;
(b) performing obligations under or in connection with the provision of our goods or services to our clients;
(c) requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to review, develop and improve the quality of our products and services;
(d) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes;
(e) ensuring security and safety (e.g. review of CCTV footage, etc.);
(f) verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personal details and other information provided; and
(g) facilitating our compliance with any laws, customs and regulations which may be applicable to us (for example, use for any investigation or proceedings).
6. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
7. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing via email. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting and/or using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
8. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process and effect your request within 10 working days after receiving the request..
9. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and extent of your request, we may not be in a position to process your request. We shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing via email.
10. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
11. If you wish to make:
(a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you through our online application platform;
(b) information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data by submitting your request in writing via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below; or
(c) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold through our online application platform.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus and firewall protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
13. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
14. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. We may retain your personal data for until you request that your data to be removed to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
16. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data were collected, and are no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
17. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
18. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures; or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Contact Person: Data Protection Officer
EFFECT OF POLICY AND CHANGES TO POLICY
19. This Policy applies in conjunction with any other policies, notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
20. We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued employment and participation in our recruitment process constitute your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
CONSENT CLAUSE FOR JOB SEEKER
By signing this form,
(a) you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to the above Policy, and consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data by us for the purposes set out in the Policy; and
(b) in the event that we have received your application or personal data from any third party pursuant to the purposes set out in the Policy, you warrant that such third party has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us for the purposes set out in the Policy.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY FOR EMPLOYER
Any person or entity that is accessing OSP platform to post a job or utilizing the Services for any reason related to the purpose of seeking candidates for employment is known as "Employer".
Onestop Security Platform Pte Ltd ("we", "us", or "our") imposes this Data Protection Notice ("Notice") with obligations on the Employers so as to ensure the Onestop Security Platform Pte Ltd‘s own compliance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act ("PDPA").
1.1 In this Agreement, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms shall have the meanings assigned to them below:
1.1.1 "Employer" means a person or entity that is accessing a Site to post a job or utilizing the Services for any reason related to the purpose of seeking candidates for employment.
1.1.2 "OSP" means Onestop Security Platform Pte Ltd;
1.1.3 "OSP Personal Data" means Personal Data of Job Seekers which OSP discloses to the Employer including data of OSP's Job Seekers such as Name, Medical Data, Security Officer License Number and Contact Details;
1.1.4 "PDPA" means the Personal Data Protection Act 2012;
1.1.5 "Job Seeker" means the Security Officer who is a member of OSP's application platform; and
1.1.6 "Personal Data" means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified:
(a) from that data alone; or
(b) from that data and other information which the Employer has or is likely to have access.
2. HANDLING AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
2.1 Compliance with PDPA. The Employer shall comply with all its obligations under the PDPA at its own cost.
2.2 The Employer shall not disclose or copy OSP's Personal Data unless with permission form OSP or until the Job Seeker has been employed by the Employer.
2.3 The Employer shall only use OSP Personal Data, until the Job Seeker has been employed by the Employer, for the following :
(a) strictly for the purposes of fulfilling its obligations and for Job Seeker search required under this Agreement;
(b) with the OSP's consent; or
(c) when required by law or an order of court, but shall notify the OSP as soon as practicable before complying with such law or order of court at its own costs.
2.4 Transfer of personal data outside Singapore.
The Employer shall not transfer OSP Personal Data to a place outside Singapore without the OSP's prior written consent, until the Job Seeker has been employed by the Employer. However, if the OSP provides consent, the Employer shall provide a written undertaking to the OSP that the OSP Personal Data transferred outside Singapore will be protected at a standard that is comparable to that under the PDPA. If the Employer transfers OSP Personal Data to any third party overseas, the Employer shall procure the same written undertaking from such third party.
2.5 Security Measures.
2.5.1 The Employer shall protect OSP Personal Data in the Employer's control or possession by making reasonable security arrangements (including, where appropriate, physical, administrative, procedural and information & communications technology measures) to prevent unauthorised or accidental access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction of OSP Personal Data, or other similar risks.
2.6 Accuracy and Correction of Personal Data.
OSP provides Personal Data of Job Seekers to the Employer through OSP's online application platform, the OSP shall make reasonable effort to ensure that the Personal Data is accurate and complete before providing the same to the Employer. The Employer shall put in place adequate measures to ensure that the Personal Data in its possession or control remain or is otherwise accurate and complete.
2.7 Retention of Personal Data.
2.7.1 The Employer shall not retain OSP's Personal Data (physical or electronic form) for any period of time longer than is necessary to serve the purposes of this Agreement unless the Job Seeker has already been employed by the Employer.
2.7.2 The Employer shall not retain OSP's Personal Data (physical or electronic form) once the employer have end the relationship or contract agreement with OSP unless the Job Seeker has already been employed by the Employer at the time of which the relationship has ended.
2.7.3 The Employer shall, upon the request of the OSP:
a) return to the physical copy of OSP's Personal Data; and/or
b) delete the electronic copy of OSP's Personal Data in its possession,
and, after returning or deleting all OSP Personal Data, provide the OSP with written confirmation that it no longer possesses any OSP Personal Data. Where applicable, the Employer shall also instruct all third parties to whom it has disclosed OSP Personal Data for the purposes of this Agreement to return to the Employer or delete, such OSP Personal Data.
2.8 Notification of Breach.
2.8.1 The Employer shall immediately, within 1 hour, notify the OSP when the Employer becomes aware of a breach of any of its obligations in Clauses [2.2 to 2.7].
2.8.2 The Employer report to OSP's Data Protection Officer by the below channel:
Contact Person: Data Protection Officer
Contact Number: +65 6747 6186
The Employer shall indemnify the OSP and its officers, employees and agents, against all actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, statutory penalties, expenses and cost (including legal costs on an indemnity basis), in respect of:
(a) the Employer's breach of Clauses [2 to 3]; or
(b) any act, omission or negligence of the Employer or its subcontractor that causes or results in the OSP being in breach of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act.